HomeContests forum

Do you have what it takes to succeed in online trading? Participate in our free contests, show your trading skills for a chance to win real prizes!

Weekly Trading Contest 21 Messages in this topic - RSS

Jason Peterson
Jason PetersonIT Director

6/20/2022
Jason Peterson
Jason PetersonIT Director
Hello and welcome to the new trading contest.

Please feel free to post issues, concerns, likes, or just chat with other participants.
  • Contest broker is Fxpro
  • Starting equity is $5000
  • Minimum winning trade duration: 1 minutes
  • Maximum trades counts: 60
  • Maximum leverage: 100:1
  • 30.00% maximum equity drawdown
  • 9 prizes; $3000 cash total

Please visit our FAQs page to find the answers to:
Thank you and good luck
0 link
Lna
Lna

6/20/2022
Lna
Lna
that's competitive ...
+1 link
Lna
Lna

6/20/2022
Lna
Lna
What's the leverage for the contest ...?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/20/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Lna wrote:
that's competitive ...

Hey Lna!

This one is a good one, right?
Don't forget to spread the word, use your CBFX affiliate link, refer other traders and you’ll get an added bonus of 20% of anything they win (not taken from their prize)! Find your affiliate link on the menu > refer.

Good luck brother! Thumbs Up

- Angelus
+1 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/20/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Lna wrote:
What's the leverage for the contest ...?

100:1
+1 link
SeanGee
SeanGee

6/20/2022
SeanGee
SeanGee
I tried adding my phone number for verification. I used both the local and internationall format, yet it ain't working
Jason Peterson wrote:

Please feel free to post issues, concerns, likes, or just chat with other participants.

Thank you and good luck
0 link
RC
RC

6/20/2022
RC
RC
Good day All.. All the best for #21 via FxPro. Of critical importance is the level at which all trades are closed out, if in DD.

Fxpro has 50% compared to 100%= Equity/Margin. .. for Global Prime.

We ought not to be ANYWHERE, there, if we are to remain in a 30% max DD contest, but to those in the know, this can a useful secret weapon👼🏿

Each broker has some critical nuances that must be known and they differ from broker to broker. The instrument pairs may be named slighly differetly. The pip rates can be different too, even at the same 100:1 account leverage.

Some may be $0.01/pip; $0.1/pip or $1.00/pip: per mominal pip(smallest tradeable unit and hence nominal margin requirement)., some may even have weekend trading for cryptos.. etc.

All up to how the broker configures the accounts to satisfy their business models.

All brokers are like getting the services of a General Practioner MD.. the difference could save a life.

Happy hunting all.

Bless! RC.🙏🏿👼🏿

P.S.can we now attach files? Not seeing a related button.😪.
0 link
Great Sniper
Great Sniper

6/20/2022
Great Sniper
Great Sniper

• WHY?

• more trade more cashback
0 link
Great Sniper
Great Sniper

6/20/2022
Great Sniper
Great Sniper
============ENGELISH===============================
I think the rules need to be made to meet the common interests of both your platform and your customers.

The more transactions, the more rebates. While ensuring the benefits, the platform and customers can earn more by increasing the number of lots. Limiting the number of operations should indeed be removed.

At the same time, simulate the real operation as much as possible. Only need to control two aspects.

1. The phenomenon of cross-position betting in simulated competitions occurs by lowering the leverage. You have already done this. Usually, the leverage that everyone uses is 500:1 or even higher.

2. Retracement. Trade with the trend. Drawdowns should be calculated based on statement profit and loss, not floating drawdowns.
Doubled profit status, the drawdown value should be relaxed.

/////////////////////
The amount of leverage affects the size of the participating principal at the time of participation. It has nothing to do with swing points.
If the total assets are large enough, the number of operating lots is small enough. Leverage doesn't work.
1 time leverage and 1 lot increase by 10,000 points, and 10,000 times leverage and 1 lot increase by 10,000 points, the income of the two is the same. The difference is the size of the invested principal.

The lever of the game should not be set too small, because as the assets grow, the lever will automatically become smaller, making the operation less flexible.

If the prize money is only three to five,
In my position, as long as it's too far from the top 5,
I deeply realized that under such a small leverage, you can only do it right from the beginning, and you can't catch up halfway. If chasing is a waste of time, just throw away the account.

Give a small bonus to 5-20 people so that even $10 people will keep going.

==============================GB2312===================

我认为规则的制定需要满足你们平台还有客户的共同利益。

交易越多返佣越多。在能保证利益的同时,增加手数平台和客户都赚的多。限制操作次数确实应该取消。

同时尽可能模拟真实操作。唯一需要控制二个方面。

1.模拟比赛中产生的全仓赌的现象出现,方法是降低杠杠。这一点你们已经做到了,平时大家用的杠杠是500:1甚至更高。

2.回撤。符合趋势交易。应该按结算单盈亏计算回撤,而不是浮亏回撤。
翻倍的盈利状态,回撤值应该放宽。
//////////////////////
杠杠大小影响的是参与时的参与本金大小。跟波动点数没关系。
总资产够大的话,操作手数够小。杠杠就不起作用了。
1倍杠杠1手上涨10000点,跟10000倍杠杠1手上涨10000点,二者的收益是一样的。差异是投入本金的大小。

比赛的杠杠不应该设置过小,因为随着资产的增长,杠杠会自动变小,让操作失去灵活性。

如果奖金只有三到五名,
在我的立场上,只要离前5名太远,
我深刻的认识到,在这么小的杠杠下只能从开始就做对,半路去追根本追不上。如果追就纯粹是浪费时间,干脆就直接扔掉账户。

拿出一丁点奖金给5-20名的人,这样哪怕$10,参加比赛的人会继续下去。

=================================
0 link
GMillerfx
GMillerfx

6/20/2022
GMillerfx
GMillerfx
When I try to use my numbers for registration(joining) it says invalid, assist please
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
SeanGee wrote:
I tried adding my phone number for verification. I used both the local and internationall format, yet it ain't working
Jason Peterson wrote:

Thank you and good luck

Hi there SeanGee!

Please, try with our live chat support collegues, they should be able to fix that.
Click this link for a live chat.

Thanks smile

- Angelus
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
RC wrote:
Good day All.. All the best for #21 via FxPro. Of critical importance is the level at which all trades are closed out, if in DD.

We ought not to be ANYWHERE, there, if we are to remain in a 30% max DD contest, but to those in the know, this can a useful secret weapon👼🏿

Each broker has some critical nuances that must be known and they differ from broker to broker. The instrument pairs may be named slighly differetly. The pip rates can be different too, even at the same 100:1 account leverage.

Some may be $0.01/pip; $0.1/pip or $1.00/pip: per mominal pip(smallest tradeable unit and hence nominal margin requirement)., some may even have weekend trading for cryptos.. etc.

All up to how the broker configures the accounts to satisfy their business models.

All brokers are like getting the services of a General Practioner MD.. the difference could save a life.

Happy hunting all.

Bless! RC.🙏🏿👼🏿

Hi there RC! Good day to you also, my friend!

Love the way you think. Yes, brokers are like GPs, hahahaha.
In the end it's also down to the trader to do it's "due diligence", find out the leverage ratios for the diferent instruments, MC, etc., etc.
I mean, yes, we try to help, answering questions and etc, but we cannot spoon fed traders - they have to work it out.

Anyways, thanks for your observations RC, and best of luck for contest 21.
Regarding file attaching, yes, the button is there - might not be the best obvious thing, but it's there. Check the image attached.
We are looking forward to see yoru final Trading Plan, as suggested previously, you should start a new topic, like "Developing a Trading Plan" where other traders could ask questions, exchange ideas, etc.

Many blessings, RC smile

- Angelus

Attachments:

0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Great Sniper wrote:

• WHY?

• more trade more cashback

Hi there Great Sniper.

We, CBFX, run the contests, but we have to comply with the broker's requests.
If the broker says "we will pay $1000 to the winner", we will pay that to the winner.
If the broker says "max trades 60", well, we do that.

Also, there's no cashback on demo accounts, there's no real money involved with a demo account.
Rebates and cashback are only paid on real trading activity on a real trading account.

Hope you understand this, thanks smile

- Angelus
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Great Sniper wrote:
============ENGELISH===============================
I think the rules need to be made to meet the common interests of both your platform and your customers.

The more transactions, the more rebates. While ensuring the benefits, the platform and customers can earn more by increasing the number of lots. Limiting the number of operations should indeed be removed.

At the same time, simulate the real operation as much as possible. Only need to control two aspects.

1. The phenomenon of cross-position betting in simulated competitions occurs by lowering the leverage. You have already done this. Usually, the leverage that everyone uses is 500:1 or even higher.

2. Retracement. Trade with the trend. Drawdowns should be calculated based on statement profit and loss, not floating drawdowns.
Doubled profit status, the drawdown value should be relaxed.

/////////////////////
The amount of leverage affects the size of the participating principal at the time of participation. It has nothing to do with swing points.
If the total assets are large enough, the number of operating lots is small enough. Leverage doesn't work.
1 time leverage and 1 lot increase by 10,000 points, and 10,000 times leverage and 1 lot increase by 10,000 points, the income of the two is the same. The difference is the size of the invested principal.

The lever of the game should not be set too small, because as the assets grow, the lever will automatically become smaller, making the operation less flexible.

If the prize money is only three to five,
In my position, as long as it's too far from the top 5,
I deeply realized that under such a small leverage, you can only do it right from the beginning, and you can't catch up halfway. If chasing is a waste of time, just throw away the account.

Give a small bonus to 5-20 people so that even $10 people will keep going.

==============================GB2312===================

我认为规则的制定需要满足你们平台还有客户的共同利益。

交易越多返佣越多。在能保证利益的同时,增加手数平台和客户都赚的多。限制操作次数确实应该取消。

同时尽可能模拟真实操作。唯一需要控制二个方面。

1.模拟比赛中产生的全仓赌的现象出现,方法是降低杠杠。这一点你们已经做到了,平时大家用的杠杠是500:1甚至更高。

2.回撤。符合趋势交易。应该按结算单盈亏计算回撤,而不是浮亏回撤。
翻倍的盈利状态,回撤值应该放宽。
//////////////////////
杠杠大小影响的是参与时的参与本金大小。跟波动点数没关系。
总资产够大的话,操作手数够小。杠杠就不起作用了。
1倍杠杠1手上涨10000点,跟10000倍杠杠1手上涨10000点,二者的收益是一样的。差异是投入本金的大小。

比赛的杠杠不应该设置过小,因为随着资产的增长,杠杠会自动变小,让操作失去灵活性。

如果奖金只有三到五名,
在我的立场上,只要离前5名太远,
我深刻的认识到,在这么小的杠杠下只能从开始就做对,半路去追根本追不上。如果追就纯粹是浪费时间,干脆就直接扔掉账户。

拿出一丁点奖金给5-20名的人,这样哪怕$10,参加比赛的人会继续下去。

=================================

Hello again Great Sniper smile

As mentioned on my previous post, there's no cashback, or rebates, on demo accounts. Cashback is paid only on live trading with a live account.
Regarding your other observations and remarks, our contests are sponsored by brokers, and brokers suggest the rules.

Anyway, your feedback is noted, thanks for participating on the forum and contests smile

- Angelus
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
GMillerfx wrote:
When I try to use my numbers for registration(joining) it says invalid, assist please

Hi there GMillerfx!

Please, try with our live chat support collegues, they should be able to fix that.

Thanks

- Angelus
0 link
SeanGee
SeanGee

6/21/2022
SeanGee
SeanGee
Yeah, thank you. I later fixed it
Admin wrote:
SeanGee wrote:
Jason Peterson wrote:

Thank you and good luck

Hi there SeanGee!

Thanks smile

- Angelus
+1 link
RC
RC

6/21/2022
RC
RC
Admin wrote:
RC wrote:

Happy hunting all.

Bless! RC.🙏🏿👼🏿

Hi there RC! Good day to you also, my friend!

Love the way you think. Yes, brokers are like GPs, hahahaha.
In the end it's also down to the trader to do it's "due diligence", find out the leverage ratios for the diferent instruments, MC, etc., etc.
I mean, yes, we try to help, answering questions and etc, but we cannot spoon fed traders - they have to work it out.

Anyways, thanks for your observations RC, and best of luck for contest 21.
Regarding file attaching, yes, the button is there - might not be the best obvious thing, but it's there. Check the image attached.
We are looking forward to see yoru final Trading Plan, as suggested previously, you should start a new topic, like "Developing a Trading Plan" where other traders could ask questions, exchange ideas, etc.

Many blessings, RC smile

- Angelus

Thanks much Angelus, your kind regards are noted and welcome.

As noted the attach shows for private messages, but not here: in the open.

Will see if I can share in the efforts regarding trading plan development. The one I have, as my member icon/ photo is borrowed from youtube. I have merely personalized it ito a pre-entry "Trade plan". I use ot when I seek to position trade, per the MAEEE system.

Scalping however, is another animal.

Just to note there are tonnes of trading plans, merely roadmaps of ones intentions: be it on the next trade or trades in general.

Thanks for the interest will see how soon (schedule willing), I can share same, per your suggestions.

Bless! RC.🙏🏿👼🏿
0 link
Heni77
Heni77

6/21/2022
Heni77
Heni77
Wokeee Contes maneh
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

6/22/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Heni77 wrote:
Wokeee Contes maneh

yes
0 link
DMLforex
DMLforex

6/22/2022
DMLforex
DMLforex
When I press the button: "Join Now" nothing happens. What's the problem?
0 link