HomeContests forum

Do you have what it takes to succeed in online trading? Participate in our free contests, show your trading skills for a chance to win real prizes!

Weekly Trading Contest 32 Messages in this topic - RSS

12
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/14/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
Hello and welcome to the new trading contest, sponsored by IC Markets.

Please feel free to post issues, concerns, likes, or just chat with other participants.
  • Starting balance: $5,000
  • Max leverage: 100:1
  • Maximum trades counts: 60
  • Maximum equity drawdown: 40% DD
  • Trading server: ICMarketsSC-Demo01
  • FOREX SYMBOLS ONLY - trades on other symbols (XAU/USD, US30, BTC/USD, etc), will not count toward your performance.
  • 16 cash prizes!!!
Please visit our FAQs page to find the answers to:
Thank you and good luck
+1 link
Bal 2026
Bal 2026
Posts: 3


9/15/2022
Bal 2026
Bal 2026
Posts: 3
Thank you for another forex contest.

--
The only way you can fail is if you stop trying
+1 link
Hardey
Hardey
Posts: 1


9/15/2022
Hardey
Hardey
Posts: 1
How will I get the login
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/15/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
Hardey wrote:
How will I get the login




Hello Hardey,

Once your register for the contest, you can view your login details by clicking on your "My login credentials" tab. The password for the demo trading account will be visible when the contest begins.

Good luck smile

-Yiannis
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/15/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
Bal 2026 wrote:
Thank you for another forex contest.




Hello Bal 2026,

Thank you for the feedback! Best of luck with the contest smile

-Yiannis
0 link
James Bassey
James Bassey
Posts: 4


9/19/2022
James Bassey
James Bassey
Posts: 4
Hello, please does it mean every winner will pocket $1000 or it will be split among all winners?
Also, Can I start the contest immediately my logins are ready?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/19/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
James Bassey wrote:
Hello, please does it mean every winner will pocket $1000 or it will be split among all winners?
Also, Can I start the contest immediately my logins are ready?



Hi there James!

$1000 is the toal prize pool - the prizes will be distributed for the top 16 traders. You can find the prize structure here, at the bottom of the page: IC Markets Weekly Trading Contest 32 - FOREX ONLY

And of course, you can start the contest ASAP. Just make sure you to follow the steps here: User Guide
Good luck Thumbs Up

- Angelus
0 link
Pargo
Pargo
Posts: 1


9/19/2022
Pargo
Pargo
Posts: 1
Hello, how much the stop out for this contest account ? In percentage.
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/19/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
Pargo wrote:
Hello, how much the stop out for this contest account ? In percentage.


Hi there Pargo.

You will get a margin call at 100% and stop out at 50%. This means losing trades will get automatically closed at 50% margin.
Keep an eye on the available margin, don't trade with big lots to avoid a MC.

Good luck smile

- Angelus
0 link
Mrcasfx1
Mrcasfx1
Posts: 1


9/20/2022
Mrcasfx1
Mrcasfx1
Posts: 1
Lolzz
I just found my login detail today
Can I still join
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/20/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
Mrcasfx1 wrote:
Lolzz
I just found my login detail today
Can I still join



Hello Mrcasfx1, Yes, you can use your contest 32 trading account logins to participate.

- Alina
0 link
James Bassey
James Bassey
Posts: 4


9/21/2022
James Bassey
James Bassey
Posts: 4
Hello! Please on the drawdown rules: What if out of the $5000 starting equity, I made an extra profit of $3000 to make my new equity $8000, I then got into another trade and it went negative for about $1800 before getting into profit, will the drawdown equity of $6200 which later went back into $8000+ profit still on the same trade be a violation of the trading rules? Though it wasn't down to 40% of a $5000 account and this happened when the account was already closed at $8000 before re-entry. Thank you
0 link
Lna
Lna
Posts: 30


9/21/2022
Lna
Lna
Posts: 30
I like to know why I got 3excluded trade in my demo account in this contest plz
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
Lna wrote:
I like to know why I got 3excluded trade in my demo account in this contest plz


Hi there Lna!

The excluded trades are the sell stop and the sell limit not executed.
These trades failed to activate, thus, they are excluded, meaning out of 60 trades for the performance, these 3 do no count.

Thanks smile

- Angelus
+1 link
Lna
Lna
Posts: 30


9/21/2022
Lna
Lna
Posts: 30
Admin wrote:
Lna wrote:
I like to know why I got 3excluded trade in my demo account in this contest plz


Hi there Lna!

The excluded trades are the sell stop and the sell limit not executed.
These trades failed to activate, thus, they are excluded, meaning out of 60 trades for the performance, these 3 do no count.

Thanks smile

- Angelus

got it thanks
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
James Bassey wrote:
Hello! Please on the drawdown rules: What if out of the $5000 starting equity, I made an extra profit of $3000 to make my new equity $8000, I then got into another trade and it went negative for about $1800 before getting into profit, will the drawdown equity of $6200 which later went back into $8000+ profit still on the same trade be a violation of the trading rules? Though it wasn't down to 40% of a $5000 account and this happened when the account was already closed at $8000 before re-entry. Thank you


Hi there James!

Right, to clarify the max DD your account got was 21.01%, well below the 40% max DD rule.
I looked at the history and there's no violation of the trading rules.
Please remember that the DD rule is dynamic, not set to 40% of $5000 (starting capital), rather it's re-calculated from the equity high.

Thanks smile

- Angelus
0 link
Initials D
Initials D
Posts: 2


9/21/2022
Initials D
Initials D
Posts: 2
Why was I disqualified?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671


9/21/2022
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Posts: 671
Initials D wrote:
Why was I disqualified?




Hello Initials D,

It seems that your account was disqualified because it exceeded the 40% maximum equity drawdown as stated in the Rules section for contest 32.

Good luck on the next contest smile

-Yiannis
0 link
Titans
Titans
Posts: 3


9/21/2022
Titans
Titans
Posts: 3
Sir I have some problem sir me and my brother both participate in contest 31 and both are winners my name titans and his name tiger1 sir he lost his email how can he get his payment and I not not receive payment please check both problems thanks sir
0 link
chong eek
chong eek
Posts: 6


9/22/2022
chong eek
chong eek
Posts: 6
is there any something error brad??? 13.317 + 3.265 = 20.942

Attachments:

0 link
12